Hey Jim great to hear you on Focus on the Family
One thing I believe Parenting School often misses is something my first baby taught me.I see a newborn as arriving filled with God's presence. From conception, God is creating new life through that union of egg and sperm. In many ways, a baby begins life closer to God than at any other time. Yet from the moment they are born, we often start shaping them to "fit in" to the world around them.
What if, instead, we helped them stay connected to that spiritual closeness with God through prayer, singing, Christian Radio and a love centered environment? Babies are naturally open, trusting, loving, and curious. Watch how they interact with animals, nature, and people.
Then comes the question every child eventually asks:
"Why?"
Rather than immediately correcting or instructing, we can first enter their wonder.
"Daddy, why is the sky blue?"
"Wow,You're right, the sky is blue. Why do you think it's blue?"
Sometimes I think God speaks through children more than we realize. Their openness, curiosity, and love can teach us a great deal about faith, wonder, and the heart of Christ.. You will learn more from God, as babies are often there with Jesus for years. . . Lol. . . Or can be there for years...Before teaching, we can listen. Before correcting, we can encourage exploration.
When children feel heard, they learn to share openly and confidently. By reflecting their thoughts back to them and inviting them deeper into their own discoveries, we help them grow with us rather than against us. In this process, we often learn from them as much as they learn from us.
DAY 5 Read 2 Timothy 1:3-14 ("God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline"). So WOW. . .
I go back to read this again and FEEL what jumps out at me. “I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.” And yes, I see Jesus all the time, in everything. Each Step, Each Challenge. Each moment, I ask, seek, follow. . . It’s really gotten more clear than ever. And I know it’s in Jesus Christ asking everyone to accept their deepest longings and find the Love hidden deep inside.DAY 7 Repetition. Now again, I’m in such love and peace with the person of Christ creating the people in the project. This is from a reread of the book where the person of Christ brings the people of God into the Kingdom . . . Yes, Ignatius SEEL book Page 256 to commit to the person of Jesus, the people of God, for the final project as the Kingdom of God. Yes we return to the 3P's. People, Planet, and profit . . . While I know deep inside this last “P” is the lie, the deception and the challenge before us. . . . As instead of satan himself the profit is actually the growth and improvement for the people instead of just the cash. So now again in this repeat it’s more about my own growth and understanding in a newer level.
A Prayer by St. Teresa of Avila
Christ has no body but yours.
No hands, no feet on earth but yours.
Yours are the eyes
with which He looks compassion on this world.
Yours are the feet
with which He walks to do good.
Yours are the hands
with which He blesses all the world.
Yours are the hands.
Yours are the feet.
Yours are the eyes.
You are His body.
Christ has no body now on earth but yours.


No comments:
Post a Comment