Monday, June 3, 2024

We agreed how the end of the world

Wonderful weekend, again , , , 

I had Jonny over for dinner last night. It was wonderful of course. I thought it was funny how he invited himself for steak and wine. I certainly had invited him countless times, but thought it was odd how he made his request with a specific date and time. I asked him to bring the wine and I had planned to make a great meal for us.

When he arrived, he had brought wine and steaks; and corn on the cob, and broccoli, and garlic bread, with all the spices and such ready to cook the whole meal for us. Of course, I already had steaks seasoned, and cut onions and mushrooms ready to go. I added his cut onions, peppers and cilantro. Then put out some chili heated with melted cheese to nibble with nacho chips.

Yea I heated that up a few times to melt the cheddar cheese I put into it. 

He asked if I had Todd, Kevin and the men’s group over again. So I told him the nacho’s and chili were part of the meal we had on Wednesday with the Welcome Team. And then I called Kevin on the phone, to invite his family for a steak dinner knowing we had enough there for his family as well.

Yea, I got an answering machine and hung up. Catching him randomly open for something has happened before, but not then. Jon and I had a great meal and great conversation. We spoke about all that Jesus had done for us, and where we were growing and challenged. 

We agreed how the end of the world and greed is crashing more and more all around us. He still is studying the Bible so much more than me, and mentioned some signs of this Change. Like the persecution of Christians. . . . I told him how I will randomly browse through the Twitter Feed (X) and how I saw something about how the Moslems are taking over France. The majority of people there are now Moslems, and so the increased crimes are Moslems killing Christians and Jews.

Yea, I explained how I spent the day replanting my seed table. Yea, I’m still cleaning my backyard moving the stuff all around my deck. So I redid all my seed beds, feeling like I was teaching Urban Agriculture to the surviving people here wondering where their next meal will come from. . . Even recording a video for Sal to tell him how great the steal mixer he made for me works. . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Retreat, wow ten pm!

 Everybody needs to feel: Belonging, I belong here Worthy, I deserve this Competence, I can do it, self confidence in skills and abilities ....